County Health Profiles
The Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida publishes County Health Profiles annually for each county in our region, a region which represents 2,071,559 people, or approximately 10.2% of Florida’s total population from 2013-2017 estimates. The profiles provide residents and community stakeholders with a snapshot of the health status of each county in comparison to the state of Florida.
Profiles were last updated August 12, 2019.
Profiles were last updated September 25, 2018.
The profiles include data for a range of categories:
- Demographic data, such as population age, race, ethnicity, and gender
- Socioeconomic data including income, poverty, unemployment, and education
- County Health Rankings
- Disease and death rates including leading causes of death and infectious disease rates
- Maternal and child health data including birth rates, birth outcomes, prenatal care, and childhood immunizations
- Healthcare access information including insurance coverage and healthcare facility information
- Healthcare utilization data including leading causes/diagnoses for emergency department and inpatient hospital visits