No career opportunities are available at this time for the Health Planning Council.
The Florida Department of Health in Duval County (DOH-Duval) received funding through the CDC to address the drug epidemic in our community. This funding supports state, territorial, and county health departments in obtaining high quality, more comprehensive, and timelier overdose data and using that data to inform prevention efforts. The CDC’s goal is to prevent opioid-related overdose by:
- Using data to monitor emerging trends and direct prevention activities
- Strengthening state, local, and tribal capacity to respond to the epidemic
- Working with providers, health systems, and payers to reduce unsafe exposure to opioids and treat addiction
- Coordinating with public safety and community-based partners to rapidly identify overdose threats, reverse overdoses, link people to effective treatment, and reduce harms associated with illicit opioids
- Increasing public awareness about the risks of opioids
DOH-Duval is seeking qualified applicants for two key positions that will be responsible for evaluation activities on the grant. Please see attached position descriptions and share with your networks. Anyone interested in applying for these positions should email their resume to Kristina Wilson, Ph.D at firstname.lastname@example.org.